Created to answer applications requiring locatable paths, Detectable Maxcell has an embedded 18 gauge solid copper wire suitable for direct wired toning equipment as well as above-ground handheld locators. Other historic detection products required additional installation or an additional pull tape, which was often used and therefore lost during subsequent expansion installations. All products are available in detectable versions.
Features & Advantages
- Reliable method for locating cables deployed in buried conduit
- Detectable with any industry-standard toning equipment
- The wire is inserted into the edge of MaxCell, not in the cable pathways, and provides the following advantages over separate/free-floating wires of detectable pull tapes:
- PERMANENT Will not be removed once installed, as is the case with a detectable pull tape
- PROTECTED Avoids damage to the wire during cable installation as commonly occurs over separate/free-floating wires or detectable pull tapes
- EASY INSTALLATION
- As an embedded feature, Detectable MaxCell:
- Requires no additional pull tapes for installation
- Will not entangle or impede cable installations, nor increase pulling tensions or friction on cables during installation
No special installation techniques are required beyond standard MaxCell procedures, and the wire does not adversely affect pulling tensions or the flexible nature of MaxCell. Please note that the 18 gauge solid copper wire should not be used for grounding purposes.
DOWNLOAD THIS PAGE
|18G TFN Solid Copper Core
||15 mils Vinyl